Our experienced rehabilitation team is committed to providing outstanding results and excellent quality of care. Residents are empowered through individualized programs to reach goals of increased independence and ability. Resident families are also encouraged to participate in therapy sessions, caregiver education, and training.
Our physical therapy team works toward specific goals of achieving the resident’s highest functional level of independence. Physical therapy focuses on the identification and rehabilitation of individuals with physical impairment and pain, as well as future injury prevention. Following the evaluation, our experienced physical therapists develop an individualized treatment program. The goal is to achieve safety in a variety of areas.
Areas of treatment focus may include:
- Muscle strengthening
- Joint mobility and endurance training
- Balance training and fall prevention programs
- Pain management and neuro-muscular re-education using electrical stimulation and ultrasound
- Ambulation and assistive devices
- Patient/caregiver education
- Prosthetic/orthotic assessment and management
- Increase strength and mobility in the body and lower extremities
- Increase motor control for a resident who has suffered a stroke
- Improve coordination, balance and the ability to walk following a fracture
- Improve overall strength conditioning, range of motion and endurance
- Teaching proper body mechanics to prevent injury
- Promoting safety awareness for the well being of the resident
Our professional occupational therapists use task-directed activities in the treatment of our residents whose functional abilities, daily activities and independence have been impaired by illness, injury or aging.
Occupational therapy assists our residents in adapting to their social and physical environment by mastering tasks essential for daily living. Our occupational therapists may work with residents who have debilitating arthritic conditions or those with difficulty bathing, dressing and other activities of daily living. They assist residents with impaired vision and/or hearing to function well in their environment.
Areas of treatment may include:
- Activities of daily living skill development
- Adaptive equipment evaluation and training
- Cognitive-perceptual assessment and training
- Energy conservation
- Home assessment/modification
- Community re-entry planning
- Functional independence: eating, bathing, toileting, homemaking, cooking, etc.
- Maintenance of wellness: dressing and grooming
- Prevention of further disability: home assessments and modifications, adaptive equipment
- Increasing safety awareness
Our speech therapists provide a range of interventions to assess and help restore abilities in the areas of communication, swallowing and cognition. Treatment programs are designed to help residents affected by stroke, brain injury, dementia, and other neurological disorders. Our professionals also work with residents suffering from hearing impairment, respiratory illnesses, and complex medical conditions.
Areas of treatment focus may include:
- Language and communication skills
- Cognitive and memory enhancement
- Oral-motor strengthening
- Swallow training
- Improving speech and voice clarity
- Increasing comprehension and verbal expression
- Improving chewing
- Resident and family/caregiver education and training for managing ongoing difficulties with communication, cognition, and swallowing
Our respiratory therapists evaluate and treat individuals who have trouble breathing or those with respiratory associated illnesses such as asthma, pneumonia, emphysema, bronchitis and sleep apnea.
Respiratory therapy services include:
- Tracheostomy care
- Tracheal weaning
- Ventilator support
- Respiratory therapy treatment
- Nebulized Breathing Treatments
- Chest Physiotherapy
- Breathing Exercises
- Patient Education
- Assistance with CPR
- Airway Management
- 24 hours a day/7 days a week